Sunday, January 2, 2011

A COMMONLY ASKED QUESTION


One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his home. His three children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all over the front yard. The front door was open and so was the back.


Inside he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over and a throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the living room the TV was blaring loudly, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.


In the kitchen the sink was filled with dirty dishes and food was spilled on the counter and the floor. A broken glass lay under the table and there was a small pile of sand by the back door.


Quickly he headed upstairs looking for his wife. He found her lying in bed.


"Sweetheart," he said "are you sick? Why didn't you call me?"


"I'm not sick" she replied. "I feel fine."


"But what's going on?"


"You know you come home every day and you ask me what in the world did I do today?


"Well, today I didn't do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment