Sunday, February 6, 2011

I pulled into the crowded parking lot at the local shopping center, and rolled down the car windows to make sure my yellow Lab puppy had enough fresh air.

She was stretched out on the back seat and I needed to impress upon her that she must remain in the car. I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the car and saying emphatically, "Stay ... You stay. Do you hear me?" over and over again.

The driver of a nearby car gave me a strange look and shouted, "Why don't you just put it in Park?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Joe had to get a job. The farm hadn't worked out so well, so this time he tried a local ranch. The rancher took pity on him and decided to give him a chance.

"This," he said, showing my uncle a rope, "is a lariat. We use it to catch cows."

"I see," said Uncle Joe, trying to seem knowledgeable as he examined the lariat, "And what do you use for bait?"

No comments:

Post a Comment