Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went camping. After a good meal and an excellent bottle of wine, they lay down and went to sleep. A couple of hours later, Holmes woke up and nudged his faithful friend.
‘Watson, Watson,’ he said. ‘Look up at the sky and tell me what you see?’
‘I see millions and millions of stars,’ replied Watson.
‘And what does that tell you? Inquired the master detective.
Watson thought for a moment. ‘Well Holmes, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately two twenty five. Theologically, I can see God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I believe we will have a glorious day later today. What does it tell you Holmes?’
‘Watson. You imbecile!” Some thief had stolen out tent!’

No comments:

Post a Comment